The Sandigan para sa Mag-aaral at Sambayanan (SAMASA) was the first party-alliance in the University of the Philippines that upheld and was geared towards arousing, organizing and mobilizing the students for the promotion and protection of the students' and people's rights & welfare at all times. It was established in the year 1981 when students' movement is at its peak to defend their democratic rights to organize inside and even outside campus grounds.
SAMASA Alumni Association will host the first SAMASA Student Leadership Program (SLP) on January 25-26, 2020. Its goal is to gather 20 student leaders together to pass on lessons from our organization’s history of student activism and to be a platform for these future leaders to collaborate towards the protection of human rights and against the return of dictatorship.
- Eligible to apply are all students, 18 and above, currently enrolled at the University of the Philippines Diliman.
Complete the application process by:
- Filling out the application form here: SAMASA Student Leadership Program; and
- Submitting a recommendation letter about the applicant's character and leadership potential to firstname.lastname@example.org. The recommendation must come from a mentor, teacher, or organization leader.
- Submit application form + recommendation letter on or before December 21, 2019.
LOGISTICS & COSTS
- The 2-day SLP is FREE. Food and training kits will be provided. Transportation and accommodation NOT included.
- Selected participants will receive a confirmation email by December 28, 2019.
- All confirmed participants must be able to attend all sessions of the 2-day event.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.